Eureka Conferences, Inc. organizes various conferences and events (“Events”). These are the terms and conditions that will govern your attendance at and/or participation in any Event, together with the terms and conditions stated on any registration or other official document that relates to your attendance or participation at any Event (collectively, “Terms and Conditions”).
These Terms and Conditions apply to each attendee registered for any Event, as well as any person, delegate, accompanying person, student, media representative, speaker, or exhibitor who is present at the Event (“Attendee”).
By registering for and/or otherwise attending an Event, you hereby agree to these Terms and Conditions, which form a legal contract between you, the Attendee, and Eureka Conferences, Inc. for those Events organized by Eureka Conferences, Inc. and which you attend. Eureka Conferences, Inc. and its affiliates shall be referred to as the “Organizer” in these Terms and Conditions.
If you are registering for an Event on behalf of another person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person attending the Event is aware of these Terms and Conditions and accepts them, and by completing the registration on their behalf, you are warranting that you have made the Attendee aware of these Terms and Conditions and that they have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
1.1. Admittance. Your registration entitles you to admittance to only the Event for which you have registered and paid. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance at such Event (including without limitation any travel and/or accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you and the Organizer shall have no liability for such costs.
1.2. Visas. Each Attendee is solely responsible for complying with all immigration, customs and legal requirements (including, but not limited to, obtaining an entry visa or permit of any kind) of any relevant authority for entry into the country in which an Event is held and for which you wish to attend. In relation to an Event, no exchanges, refunds or substitution of registration will be made due to an Attendee’s failure to comply with such requirements, or his/her inability to obtain (or his/her denial, cancellation, expiration or revocation of) an entry visa or permit, for any reason whatsoever. Each Attendee is advised to review all immigration, customs and other legal requirements for entry into the country in which the Event is held prior to registering for such Event.
1.3. Accommodation. The Organizer facilitates accommodation stays in the city / country in which an Event will be held. It is each Attendee’s responsibility to ensure that it complies with any terms and conditions imposed by any accommodation provider, including all payment and cancellation policies. The Organizer excludes all liability in this regard.
1.4. Lost Registration Badge. Each Attendee must wear his or her registration badge at all times during an Event. Access to the Event facilities will not be granted to those without proper credentials. If an Attendee loses, misplaces, or forgets his or her registration badge, a replacement fee will be charged for the creation of a new registration badge. Once the new registration badge is released to the Attendee, the lost registration badge will become invalid.
1.5. Media. By attending an Event, you hereby grant the Organizer or its designee the right at the Event to record, film, photograph or capture your likeness in any media now available and hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any identification or further approval from you, or any payment or compensation to you, of any kind. This grant to the Organizer or its designee includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use and/or disseminate the media.
1.6. Termination. You acknowledge that the Organizer reserves the right to request your removal from an Event if the Organizer, in its sole discretion, considers your presence and/or behavior to create a disruption or to hinder the Event and/or the enjoyment of the Event by other attendees or speakers.
2.1. Compliance. Each Attendee shall comply with all conditions of entry of the local, city, state, conference hotels, and convention centers at which an Event is held (collectively, “Venues”), including but not limited to all fire, safety, and health regulations of the Venues. Each Attendee shall also comply with all applicable federal, state, local and ordinances, as well as any policies and procedures as set forth below or as otherwise notified to the Attendee by the Organizer.
2.2. Removal for non-compliance. Attendees in violation of such rules and/or who behave in an unsafe or careless manner while attending any Event may be asked to leave immediately and will be held responsible for their actions. Each Attendee acknowledges that such violations may result in the Attendee being removed from an Event and barred from returning without refund of the Attendee’s registration fee. Each Attendee likewise acknowledges and agrees that all attendees of the Events have the right to enjoy the Events equally. Disruptive behavior that interferes with the conduct of reasonable business at any Event, or any attendee’s safety or comfort, may result in the offending Attendee being removed from the Event and barred from returning without refund of the Attendee’s registration fee.
2.3. Photography or Recording Usage by Attendees.
Each Attendee acknowledges and agrees to not make, create, store, record, transmit, reproduce, broadcast, stream, use, sell, license or otherwise deal in any images, audio recordings, audio-visual and visual recordings unless such use is with the prior written consent of the Organizer, or such use is solely for the private and personal enjoyment of the Attendee and not for any commercial purpose.
The payment of the applicable fee(s) for each Event is due upon registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, the Organizer may refuse to admit you to the Event unless and until such fees are paid, and shall have no liability in that regard.
The fee(s) may be subject sales tax, value added tax, or any other taxes and duties which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fee(s).
4.1. Attendee Substitution and Cancellation. The Organizer sets out its substitution and cancellation policy on the registration form for each Event. Any substitution or cancellation requests must be made by the Attendee in accordance with such policy.
4.2. Organizer Cancellation. The Organizer in its sole discretion at any time, reserves the right to postpone or cancel (in full or in part) any or all of any Event. Where the Organizer does so, you will receive a 75% refund of the amount of your payment.
4.3. Modification of the Event Program. You acknowledge and agree that the Organizer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of any Event, including but not limited to, an Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, date and time. You further acknowledge and agree that the Organizer promotes and organizes the Events and other entities (the actions of whom are not controlled by the Organizer) may elect to cancel, postpone or change any aspect of an Event.
4.4. No Liability. Other than as set out in the Terms and Conditions, neither the Organizer nor any of its partners, officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates shall be liable, directly or indirectly, to Attendees or any other party under any theory of law (contract, tort, negligence or otherwise), for any loss or damage, whether indirect, direct, special, incidental, punitive or consequential, that is incurred as a result of an Event (or any part of any Event) being cancelled, postponed or changed under any circumstances. The Organizer provides no warranty, guarantee or promise of any nature regarding the date and time of a particular Event and cannot warrant, guarantee or promise that an Event will not be cancelled, postponed or changed.
5.1. Collection of personal information.
6.1. All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by the Organizer and/or the Event sponsors or presenters at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (including without limitation "Eureka Conferences", or any variation thereof) or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content and/or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason.
6.2. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by the Organizer or grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of the Organizer, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of the Organizer.
7.1. No warranty. The information and the presentations given at any Event is for general information only and does not constitute any type of advice, financial, business, legal or otherwise. The Organizer makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the content expressed in the presentations, or as to the correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise of such content. In no event shall the Organizer or any of its partners, officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates be liable, directly or indirectly, under any theory of law (contract, tort, negligence or otherwise), to you or anyone else, for any claims, losses or damages, direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential, resulting from or occasioned by your use of or reliance on any of the content contained within the presentations.
7.2. No liability. Other than to the extent required as a matter of law, neither the Organizer nor any of its partners, officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with the Terms and Conditions. The maximum aggregate liability of the Organizer or any of its partners, officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates for any claim in any way connected with therewith or the Terms and Conditions whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission) shall be limited to the amount of fees paid by you (or which would otherwise have been due and payable by you if you received complimentary admission to an Event) to the Organizer to attend an Event.
7.3. Your responsibility. You are fully responsible for all acts, decisions and/or lack thereof relating to your decision to register and attend an Event. Neither the Organizer nor any of its partners, officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, are liable for any injury or damage involving persons and property during any Event
7.4. Indemnity. To the extent permitted by law, the Attendee agrees to protect, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Organizer and its partners, officers, employees, agents and affiliates against all claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, and costs (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of or connected to the actions or failure to act in accordance with the Terms and Conditions by Attendee, its employees, officers, directors, or agents, except those claims arising out of the other party's gross negligence or willful misconduct.
8.1. Travel insurance. Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that Attendees take out their own general travel insurance policy. It is suggested that the insurance policy should also cover loss of fees/deposit, airfares, accommodation charges, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal property and repatriation expenses. No responsibility is taken by the Organizer for any Attendee holding or not holding an insurance policy.
9.1. Governing law. For Events organized by Eureka Conferences Inc., these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in New York County, New York.
9.2. Amendments. The Organizer reserves the right to render, in its sole and absolute discretion, all interpretations and decisions in connection with the Terms and Conditions and to establish further regulations binding upon the Attendees as may be deemed necessary to the general success and well-being of the Events and/or any person(s) affiliated therewith. The Organizer’s decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding in all cases.
9.3. Force Majeure. Attendance at any Event is subject to acts of God, government authority, disaster, or other emergencies, any of which make it illegal or impossible for the Organizer or Venue to provide the facilities and/or services for the Event, or make it illegal or impossible for the Attendee to utilize the Venue for the Event. A registration may be cancelled for any one or more of such Force Majeure reasons by written notice from the Organizer to the Attendee without liability on the part of the Organizer.
9.4. Severability. Each of the provisions in the Terms and Conditions is severable from the other(s). If any provision or part of a provision is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or illegal in any respect, such provision or part of provision will, to the extent that the provision is invalid, be deemed not to form part of the Terms and Conditions. The remaining provisions or parts of provisions will not be invalidated in any way.
9.5. Waiver. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms and Conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated in August 2014
2. By registering for and/or otherwise attending an Event, you will provide the Organizer with, and the Organizer will collect, certain information. This information may be broadly described as follows:
• Personal Information: name, address, phone number, email address, billing and credit card information, order history, feedback, IP address and location, digital device name, type and configuration, details relating to Event that you attend, the URL from which you accessed an Event website, demographic information, and other such 'Personal Information'.
• General Information: General Information: We also receive more general information from you as a result of your attendance at an Event, and visits to and use of an Event website. This general information does not identify you personally, and can include information such as your feedback and comments on an Event, your IP address, the length of time you spend on an Event website, your browsing history, and other such 'General Information'.
3. The Organizer collects your Personal Information to enable it, amongst other things, to provide its services to you. The Organizer takes all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information.
4. The Organizer also collects your General Information to allow us, amongst other things, to better understand the persons who attend the Events, to improve the design and structure of the Events, and to improve the layout and functionality of the Events’ websites. We may use and disclose anonymous information, including aggregate anonymous information derived from your Personal Information, to inform publishers, partners, and other interested parties as to the attendance and usage habits or characteristics of our subscriber base, and to serve any other business purposes.
5. The Organizer may disclose your Personal Information for general operational purposes, such as:
• The Organizer’s use of other companies and/or individuals to perform functions on its behalf (e.g. processing credit card payments, providing customer service, data hosting services), and in such circumstances these companies or individuals will be provided access to only such Personal Information required to fulfill their functions (and only on the agreement that they not use your Personal Information for any other purposes); and
• purposes intended to deliver publications to you, verify your account information, verify access to publications, determine whether you meet the minimum system requirements for use of any Event website, provide you tailored content and instructions, targeted promotions, provide customer support, seek your input regarding the Events and any Event website, and better understand how the Event website is being used.
6. The Organizer may also disclose any Personal Information it has about you (including your identity) if it determines that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your attendance at an Event or use of an Event website, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the Organizer’s or other third parties’ rights or property. The Organizer may also disclose any Personal Information it has about you as required by applicable law.
9. Any information that the Organizer collects and stores that is personally identifiable is protected using appropriate means, and although the Organizer does so, the Organizer will not be held responsible for any unauthorized access by third parties.
10. Event websites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that the Organizer is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites not operated by the Organizer, and the Organizer cannot guarantee the security of any of your Personal Information collected there. The Organizer encourages you to read the privacy statements of each and every third party web site that collects your Personal Information.